Tuesday, June 9, 2009

What to write about?

Today I am just restless. I have typed and deleted my thoughts about six or seven times already. I want to write. I want to get my thoughts out but for some reason I just can't. I have so many things I want to write about but find most of them reveal more than I want to or are too self-involving. But here is the thing...I have to get my creative juices flowing somehow or I feel I will explode or repress everything. So what I would like is crowd participation.
What should I write about? Any topic. No matter how serious or ridiculous it may be. It can be news related, a question for me or about me, a funny or interesting topic, etc. I will take anything. Basically, I am trying to unwedge this writer's block.
Will you help?

6 comments:

Erin said...

When I was an avid blogger, I dealt with this same struggle. I overcame it with stream of consciousness posts. If I was uncomfortable with some parts, I'd save it as a draft, and sometimes I'd edit it later and publish it. Either way, I always felt better just being able to let it all out. It was always a cathartic event for me.

Lauren said...

hey kev-dawg!! whats up! i'm thinking you should do a post about the good ole high school days. relive some memories. ya know, next year will be our TEN year reunion. um, crazy. so yes, lets reminisce (sp?) on days of old as a new blog post. :)

UTKevDawg said...

Thank Erin. Good ideas.
Lauren, I love it! Any particular aspect. High School was so...complicated. Holy carp. 10 years flew bye!

Erin said...

ohmygoodness, ten years!? I was class of '89. I feel so old!

UTKevDawg said...

I won't even tell you what grade I was in the spring of 1989...ok...it was First grade.
You really don't look that old. Surprising.

Lauren said...

Hmm, maybe the question game. Here are a few questions...select some (or all and write brief answers to the following questions:
1. What was your fondest high school memory?
2. What was your most embarrassing high school moment?
3. Who was your favorite high school teacher and what did you liked about him/her? (my money is on mr. loyd here)
4. If you could have nominated yourself for one senior superlative, what would it have been and why?
5. Who of your high school friends are you still in touch with (and facebook stalking does not include being in touch with).
6. What is one high school experience that was so exciting you would love to relive?
7. What is one high school moment you wish you could take back?
8. What was the wildest thing you did under the age of 18?

There, that should help!