Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Random Thoughts

Updated October 22, 2008
Worry is one of the biggest things that keeps people awake at night. Not me though. I have far to many other random thoughts in my head to have any room for worry at night. I have often wondered if there is some device in my pillow that is activated by the static electricity in my hair and causes my brain to start sprinting. To help me get to sleep faster I have begun jotting down some of the thoughts that enter my mind. Anything legible in the morning (I am writing in the dark) is going to start ending up in the blog. So keep up with this one because it will be constantly updated. And because I like to keep things interactive, if there are any ideas you want me to flesh out, let me know and I might create a new blog based on your suggestion.
So here are my random (good, bad, and what the...?) thoughts:


  • Hope is a tricky thing. Too much of it leaves you blind. Too little of it leaves you dead.
  • How are cockroaches suppossed to survive a nuclear blast when they can't survive the bottom of my shoe?
  • There are few things worse than somebody you haven't seen in a while asking you what you have been up to and you respond "nothing much." It is actually worse if that is true.
  • Bear cubs are one of the cutest animals alive until their mother mauls your face off.
  • Saying "sneeze" while actually sneezing is a messy idea.
  • Life would be better if people had to suck helium right before they got into an argument. I think arguments would end pretty quickly if everybody had to yell at each other while sounding like a chipmunk. Who could not laugh?
  • Never start a good book late at night just to pique your curiosity.
  • I found out I can make it out of bed, through the shower, teeth brushed and to work (which is a 10 to 15 minute drive away) in exactly 26 minutes. Better not to ask how I found out or how it was done.
  • If you are supposed to keep your friends close and your enemies closer, then where do you keep the people you sort of like?
  • It is very disturbing to me that the ice at Sonic and Zaxby's does not melt.
  • People say don't sweat the small stuff. The small stuff is the only thing I want to be sweating. My pores are too small to sweat the big and medium stuff.
  • A lot of liberals claim Fox is to biased with a conservative slant. A lot of conservatives claim CNN, MSNBC, CBS, and ABC are too biased with a liberal slant. I say both camps need to shut up because they have all been reporting about Anna Nicole Smith and Brittney Spears for three flippin' weeks straight.
  • If money grew on trees I would still be broke. Gosh darn urban sprawl.
  • Why are best friends so hard to make and/or keep after college?
  • If someone steals you identity, and you find and kill them, is it murder or suicide? I mean technically you are taking yourself of the records.
  • Am I really considering resorting to E-Harmony? Has it come to this?
  • Do vegans breast feed their babies?
  • If a donkey mated with nine kittens...ah forget it that concept is just asinine.
  • Is it sad that I learned to identify Classical music composers from my cell phone ring tones?
  • Why are bed sheets more comfortable in the morning than they are at night?
  • Why do protesters for peace always look so angry? (oooo I feel a huge rant coming on.)
  • Can/do women pee in the shower like a man can/does? (rhetorical question, don't want answers)
  • Do you ever think to yourself (or out loud) how people first decided to see if something was edible? (ex. oysters, another animal's milk, eggs, potatoes, etc.)

That is all for now, but stay tuned. Good or bad, I am sure there will be more.

No comments: